Do you like writing flash fiction?
Today’s prompt: I landed in the year 2050.
- You can write prose or poetry.
- Post-apocalyptic genre only.
- Keep your “flash” to less than 250 words. Size does matter.
- While I encourage you to read other people’s work, I ask that you only make positive comments.
- Your writing should be submitted before next Friday.
What you need to know about me
- I will only post 4 and 5 star reviews. They will appear first here and then later on Amazon and Goodreads. I will add to the review that I have received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
- I read across many genres. I’m a sucker for a well-written book with suspense and strong characters.
- I have a low threshold for violence and will skim gritty details or put the book down if my gut wrenches and rises in my throat. Sex, on the other hand, is fine.
- I haven’t read a Zombie book, but I’ve seen the odd movie. I’m willing to try a Zombie book, but no promises.
- I write full time. Reading is my hobby. Translation: I will probably post reviews twice a month.
- All my reviews are free. It’s my way of giving back for all the great reviews people have written for me. I think of them as a way of saying thank you to authors who spent hours crafting a work of art.
- Credentials? B.A. in Eng. M.Ed, a lifetime of reading
What my reviews look like
I do not write book reports summarizing your plot. I write a paragraph or two about what I liked about your book. I state where I think it fits on “the shelf” and who I think it will appeal to. And I like to quote at least one of my favorite lines.
My Review Process
If you would like me to review your book, the process looks like this:
- You email me your book blurb and cover jpg. Type, “Book Review,” in the subject line. (connect@Jo-AnnCarson.com)
- If your book interests me, I’ll contact you and request a mobi file (Kindle).
- When I receive it, your book will go on my tbr pile. I won’t guarantee you a review, because I won’t write one unless I really like your book.
Does this make sense? Let me know. I’m planning on tweaking it and making the final version a permanent page.
Photo credit: Canva
In this blog you will find:
- book reviews
- author interviews and excerpts
- flash fiction Fridays
- TV and movie reviews
- news about my stories and haiku
All from the Post-Apocalyptic genre.
I’m creating this blog, because I went looking for one that had all these things and couldn’t find it. Writing in this genre is a new adventure for me. Come along for the ride.
I’d love to hear from you. What are you reading and/or writing?
Tomorrow I will post the Book Review Guidelines and my About page. Cheers for now,